Let the Plantings begin...

Plantings has begun...

The fig tree and grapevines like the chosen position they planted in...  and my guess so does some  hungry creatures.. Looking wonderful yesterday, and eaten today... assumptions are a squirrel...  

I have purchased three trees, so far....

Peach, pear, and an apple (an "Anna" apple evidently this variety does not need more than just itself) fingers crossed...
This past weekend, they were planted... I wasn't entirely convinced of where I planted them... but I think it will work out quite well...




We have made a couple of raised beds.... I finished putting soil in one of them, I think that I will use it for my lettuce bed, along with radish and some other plantings that will go along with lettuce...



I have a compost barrel that seems to work well enough well enough in fact I have pumpkins growing in it...

Yes... I know there was plastic bags in the pile... I took care of it...LOL...

 I won't be able to use it yet but I think when it is time... it will be great soil...



I started some seeds... I had it in the back of my mind that there could be a chance that they won't germinate, but so far I have marigolds, basil, melon, Armenian cucumbers sprouting.... Yay!

It has been awhile since I have had my hand in dirt and growing plants... so after seeing this my confidence went up immensely ....





Here are some of my starts...  The seedlings that are in the second picture are a variety of cantaloupe called "honey kiss" which I saved the seeds from ... I hope to get some melons ... yummm...


I also seeded some cherry tomatoes, and a tomato that I dont have experience with called "Rutgers"
and then some tomatillos... not sure if these will take well or not, but its a try...

I'm still waiting to see if I get eggplant, bell peppers and jalapenos...

Still working at getting things worked out... but one thing we did was create a great sitting area,



From that to this...


To this.....


More work to do but I guess one project at a time...

Until the next project... or catch up... or tangent...


Comments

  1. I wish you both well in your new adventure. It takes great courage to take the leap and I admire you for that. We're only here once...enjoy it xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts