April Showers?

It has been a post a month, and I should be writing all the time as my hubby says... and as usual he is saying something that I "might" agree on...

April 4   April Showers bring....well you know...

The rain came good and strong... The rain was needed in a deep way... It was torrential... in that afternoon we were given 5 inches of rain...
But from what I understand April is the driest month here in the year... 



It was actually a very nice, and refreshing day...

The garden is going well, I routinely pick lettuce and radish from it... The taste is fantastic... 



This past weekend as all weekends, we had projects to get done or to work on or what not...
for about three weekends we have been trying to complete the front porch ... May say, the building part of it is completed... Bravo, to hubby that doesn't usually work with wood...


Now comes the paint... I will paint all the railing and posts white,
and staining the floor and steps a translucent cedar red tone...  Eventually we will add more character, like shutters and landscape, along with a pathway to the backyard... red brick is the choice of pathways...


My husband made 3 more raised beds for me, using the wood from the old porch, this coming weekend we will be amending and turning the soil and putting a perimeter of chicken wire around them... 

Yes, chicken wire, for a simple reason of cute little bunnies that have ravenous appetites to over power any little sprout to come up...



We have been very fortunate in finding different plants around the grounds...

*lemon grass... I thought,  Oh, these are just grasses. I have no need for grasses... as i sunk my spade into the ground to get rid of it... but for a moment of pause....
The most wonderful smell of Lemon permeated the air ...
I was so pleased... I couldn't believe that I had thought of ditching them ... I have 3 nice size plants... 


*Pomegranates... I am pretty positive that we have them... 2 of them ... I have very nice size plant and a smaller one... now if they produce it will sure be a gift...



* Gardenias ... I had to plants, they both are sickly, well one is sickly and  well the other one I feel I murdered... I moved it... but the position I had it in wasn't sitting well... I readjusted it... you know the ending to that one... The other one is still sickly and I'm trying to nurse it back to health ... but it isn't happy... but it isn't degrading either...



*Miniature Rose... One morning, during watering time, I was taking a good close look at these type of lilies we have around the front porch, i happened to see some leaves sticking out of the dirt and couldn't believe I found another little jewel...
   

*Bamboo, Yes, a lot of people just have such a poor out look on bamboo... intrusive, it takes over the yard... Yank it out, they say...
Well I like it and it stays, I prune it then give it the 2 inches of water a week it needs to make a comeback... 
We wonder if the previous owners, were trying to make a perimeter of it in the front of the property for maybe privacy?... well, we won't be going that far... I like curb appeal with some welcoming feelings to New North Florida Tangent...

** We have been eyeing and in great wonder of these two mystery plants are?



We have a couple guesses of what we hope they could be, but I think we will just be in a guess phase for sometime of what they could be, unless some readers can identify? 

maybe Avocado, or Mango? We hope!

Well I suppose we will see...
As today carries on with partly clouded skies, yet again, it's a nice and refreshing day...




Comments

Popular Posts