As it begins..

It started with the desire to have a garden, and it grew into a dream that could no longer contain itself...

The question was always "Then what?" I would say...
We started to grow into empty nesters as the phrase says to its self...  We had many options that weren't really the desire but we tried to entertain..

It just was "Then What?"

We down sized immensely from a two story 4 bedroom 3 bath house... to well nothing...
so we needed to get our proverbial tails in check and figure out the best thing for us... We were in good fortune of a path that made what we have now...

the view every morning...

A 3 bedroom (potential) 2 bathroom  2.45 acre home... (bliss) in my eyes ...
I have the makings of an incredible opportunity to make My garden of my dreams, and actually live from it..

the view from the front yard looking out to the road

I have a learning curve ahead of me... New adversaries to fight... mildew, black spot, different insects to either work with or retaliate against... and of course weather... did I mention, hornets and wasps... uhhh...Them, being the last thing I want to deal with... they'er mean... fire ants, moles, and well you get the idea...

the back corner looking to where the garden will be


This spring there will be a meager garden to experiment... if all goes to plan, this will be my plot...
I do plan to have all my favorite veggies...

tomatoes
peppers
eggplant
cukes
zukes
carrots
lettuce

added to it
onions, garlic

sunflowers,

As for fruit I bought a fig tree and grape vines...

I plan to do more, but I've realized that I have other nemesis in the be on the look out for...
birds (crows, blue jays, etc...) and squirrels, and supposed deer... which haven't seen yet... but I'm sure I would be in a lets say, pee ohhed mood ... if I came out to tend my master piece and it was gone...

So as it is and "as it begins" my ups and downs, wins and loss... I will be writing to keep my experiences at its most enlightened way... or can I say as a record of success and or not so much... (loL)


Comments

  1. I envy your new beginnings, it takes a leap of faith and timing. I wish you well and great fortune with your new adventure and will be following your journey ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... thanks, Jane... I cant wait to share ... I have stories to tell... and hopefully more to come...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts