When will spring be sprung?

Every weekend seems to have something to do... and I'm good with that... I think this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now... it just seems like it is taking such a long time to get where I want to be...

I have been in a stupor about how wonderful the weather has been lately... Then, of course, slapped with a last minute freeze, well played again Mother Nature...

I tried to be frugal with planting what I want.... so I wouldn't have to fight to look for what I need to use to cover up my frost tender plants...

Well, freeze expectations are here for two nights or mornings, however you want to look at it...

A lot has happened as I said, every weekend has had some thing happening...  and not only on the outside but the inside too..

I have been working on making my little kitchen "feel" a bit bigger... I have been cleaning the
cabinets and painting them to have a brighter feeling in it... and Its' a lot of work... the only money being spent on the the kitchen is in what is a necessity like faucet, stove and hood vent, the rest is paint and elbow grease on getting it cleaned...we have other things we want to do but its a bit more money and it will happen eventually... like counters, floors and back-splash...

On the outside,  I have come across something new to me, I have found something growing in our trees... Yes, Not just leaves,... Its kind of alien ish...  and of course something that I do not like at all...

Galls-  Now, my understanding is that these things harbor wasp larvae... Yes, repeat, Wasp Larvae....
Now I get that these creatures are some sort of benefit to what ever Mother Nature needs them for...



But after getting my ummm, Bu** kicked by them, they do just freak me out... When they come at me, I am like the proverbial windmill, as my husband says, yes, the arms are in motion and the body swaying and legs sprinting out of control.... LOL...

But on the upside,  It seems like someone out there loves to devour them... I have seen quite a bit on the ground opened up and emptied out... so, whew! maybe my arms flailing and legs sprinting will be less than thought... LOL...

Then on the down swing of my experience, the neighbors 12 cats, yes that many, decide to come on to my property, and climb my tree next to my house and proceed to attack a squirrel nest... Yes, two in the tree and the rest waiting on the ground for what ever they do... Might I say, Yes we are in the rural area, yes this type of thing happens, and yes it's something I must learn to deal with ... but might I also say, it is my backyard and not in the wilderness... and rogue cats in my yard .... not ok...
So needless to say it didn't turn out with the happy ending... and that is not good vibes in my yard...

But the up swing again,  well, Maybe to some we have stinging nettle in the yard... The medicinal properties that it give is very cool... that will be a new learning experience to run with...




Well, I have have plants to tuck in from the cold...


Comments

Popular Posts